Tips for back pain relief
Back pain, whether caused by a car accident or other means, can be difficult to cope with. We hope these tips from Grand Junction accident attorney Rick Wagner will help you find relief from back pain. Please note that you should always consult a physician about your injuries before beginning a treatment plan.
- Poor sleep positions can cause or exacerbate back pain. Try sleeping on your side with a pillow between your knees. This helps neutralize your spine and relieve strain on your back.
- Posture can affect back pain as well. Be sure to sit up straight with your shoulders relaxed and your back supported by your desk chair. Keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Try physical therapy. Physical therapists can often identify activities or posture-related reasons for back pain. They can provide you with stretches or exercises for strengthening your core and relieving back pain.
- Low impact exercise is good for back pain as well. Resting for a day or two might be fine, but after that it’s good to get up and move around. Try a walk, light yoga, or swimming to stretch out and relax sore muscles.
- Ice and heat are great for temporarily relieving pain, calming inflamed muscles or tissue, and providing an overall sense of relief when it comes to back pain or back injuries. You might also try a warm bath or a jetted tub if possible.
- Consider massage for back pain too. For some, massage can help to solve or at least begin to heal structural problems and restore mobility in the back.